could you hear me?
Sunday, April 29, 2007
Angels Cry Holy
Angels Cry Holy
Before all time began,
You had the perfect plan
To make us in the image of Yourself
Although we went astray
You even planned that day
On which You sent Your Son to pay the price
You took on all the sins of the world
And washed them all away
Bearing every curse upon that tree
We all cry, "Holy, Holy
Holy is the Lord."
The angels cry, "Holy, Holy
Holy is the Lord."
With all my future plans
They're safe within Your hands
Far beyond my highest thoughts and prayers
With all my heart and soul
I'll praise You and extol
The mighty God who holds me in His arms.
You took on all the sins of the world
And washed them all away
Bearing every curse upon that tree
We all cry, "Holy, Holy
Holy is the Lord."
The angels cry, "Holy, Holy
Holy is the Lord."
Lovely song indeed. Just in time to remind me how sinful I am and that everytime I sinned, I borrowed a bit more of God's grace again. Jesus died for me. For us. That line "You took on all the sins of the world and washed them all away. Bearing every curse upon that tree." stabs me deep. How can God ever do that for me? I'll never comprehend His love for me.
These two portions caught me while I was reading Philip Yancey's "The Jesus I Never Knew":
* "Although power can force obedience, only love can summon a response of love, which is the one thing God wants from us and the reason He created us."
* "Why does God content Himself with the slow, unencouraging way of making righteousness grow rather than avenging it? That's how love is. Love has its own power, the only power ultimately capable of conquering the human heart."
I was asking Tab and Meiqing how to prove God loves them. Tab provided personal experience as reason and Meiqing provided biblical reason that God died for us on the cross.
I was intrigued by this Youtube video on someone asking a church congregation, "How to prove God loves you?" All of them could only say, "John three-sixteen." But that guy rebuked, "That's a biblical proof. What about physical proof? If you cannot even prove to yourself that God loves you, how can you even prove that God loves other people?"
How sad. But the person who put the video up had an ending message at the back of it. He/she said that the physical proof is having a personal relationship with God. Without it, you won't know.
I guess so. I think people who truly had this personal relationship can comprehend and feel more on the fact that Jesus died on the cross bearing all our sins and shame for us. Others who rejected Jesus only walked away mocking Him. Thinking that it is ridiculous of Him to do so.
Like me perhaps. Before I became a Christian. I guess many youths in church won't understand what I feel. They're not like me. Someone who had never knew Jesus before. Not since young. They had God drilled into them from young. They wouldn't have experience the shock and disbelief I had when I first heard. This sense of confusion in my head on why He had to die still rings in me now. I mean. I understand why, cause God says He's the perfect sacrifice. But why? Why the love?
When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, the moon and the stars, which You have set in place, what is man that You are mindful of him, the son of man that You care for him? - Psalm 8:3-4
"Who am I that You're mindful of me? Who am I that You set Your love on me?"
Indeed, indeed, that question keeps coming back to me? I'm only but a sinner? Why do You love me so much? I guess only God Almighty is capable of doing so.
My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. - John 15:12-13
Love consents to all and commands only those who consent. Love is abdication. God is abdication. - Simone Weil
Ruth-Skunk || 2:11 pm