could you hear me?
Tuesday, June 07, 2005
birthday..
3rd June..Right, crappy to have lessons on the day before. Cuz being human I know. Lol. Can play lotsa tricks on that birthday someone on this day.
Gp. Kinda scary. Not the teacher, but the work. Haiz. My language sux. Juz dunno how to express myself sometimes. And I juz dun get it at others. Hmm.. Had a few surprises this day. My class girls unloaded bags of presents onto me. Had this bottle of coloured sand Qing-jie, Kim-jie, Xl and Eli made for me. Hahaz. And all this time I thought Jie was making tangyuan. Wat the. Lol! Yepz, thanks for the self-made violin. Wow. Cant believe they actually did it, Jie and Sha. "Go on, play it!" Jie said. Haha. And the cactus Val and Bel bought. Haiz. I love cactus. Cuz my dad loved them. Reminded me of him. He used to keep 2 pots of them. I forgot what happened to them. Haiz. Was kinda sad after seeing them. But was glad that they got it too. And thanks to Sarah for that idea. I wonder if she had read my mind before. An angel sent down from heaven. Thank you, God..
Oh and not to forget the duffel bag Sarah, Da-ge, Vic and Jingyi got for me. It was given to me on tues. So sorry Sarah, for that big hoo-hah created by Jing. I caused it, perhaps? And am I supposed to use the bag for the trip? Haiz. Sis bought me Corrinne May's cd too. So sweet of her.
Wanted to go home to put down all the stuff initially. But Sarah and Jie dragged me to lunch with Xl and Kim. "Don't be stubborn lah. I help you carry lah." Haiz. Not in the mood mah. And no one knows.. Went reluctantly. But then again, I din wish to spoil their mood. Amk central, a place that I'd been to so many times. Had been a long time since I went there. Missed that place actually, even though I still think that it's a very messy place. Lol!
After having lunch, Jie and Sarah went back to get their stuff for camp. *I wanna go too!* Haiz. Nvm.. Xl, Kim and I went to my place to put down the stuff. Chatted a little. The guess-the-drink part was amusing. "Exchanged information" a little. Hahaz. Went to Woodlands to get another half of Xl's grp's present from Eli because she forgot to bring it to school earlier. Lol! Sent them to their stations before goin back.
Sis and Mum was totally amused by the amount of presents I've got this year. Was kinda surprised too. Wanted it to be a quiet one. Turned out to be so messy. Hahaz. 1904 girls rock! =P
4th June..Was online playin games actually, and chatting with vic at 12mn. Xl wished me an early HB at 11:30 and another one at 11:57++ Lol! Does that count? Right. At 12:04, the phone started ringing. Lookin down at my phone indicates that it's from Jie. I'm like: "Am I supposed to pick it up?" Picked it up anyway. And then, two voices blasted.. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO LIRU.. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.." With a tinge of misplaced tune at the higher notes, I was really bewildered. "Erm.. Thank you! Hahaz." Kinda awkward. Somehow. First time someone/some people did this. Touched.
Talked to them for half an hour. Opened up all the wrapped presents and read all the cards. Thanks Sarah and Vic for that Don Moen cd. Costs alot huh. And Vic didnt know that I was talking to them. And I read out the entire convo to them and replied what Sarah wanted to say to him. He actually didnt believe that I was talking to her. Lol.
They were tempting me. Hahaz. Said things/ask qns like "At night izzt land breeze or sea breeze?", "There are so many stars tonight. Got 7 really bright ones, do you know their names?" and "We're going kayaking tmr leh!" Hahaz. "No! Don't tempt me!" Answered their qns anyway.
"We're going kayaking tmr!"
"You're tempting me la.."
"Hahaz. And can get into the water you know! Whee so fun!"
"Actually, come to think of it, I havent been into the water in my usual outfit."
"Hah, next time we go beach I'll make sure u get into the water."
"Hahaz. That is if you CAN make me get into the water."
"Well I can, Sarah can do lots of things."
"Ok, then I double dare you to push me into the water the next time."
"You said it."
I'm such a goner, am I not? And they started to play catching after they put down the phone. "What am I doing at home?!?!" I was thinking.
Woke up for choir. Felt like a chore. Man, it's my day. Can I not go? Hahaz. Went anyway. Late too. But I dun care. Surprisingly they hadnt started yet. So I was still considered early. =p Whee gave me a wallet. Hahaz. Thanks! Wanted to change mine too. =) Loads of wishes too. I wondered how they knew. All I could do was thank them back. Made special request not to make it too big. Din feel like celebrating it. Not this year. Supposed to meet up with Faith. But she went out ler. Okie.. So I went dessert-ing with Nad-ma. Went home to rest and had a light lunch before going off with Sis to meet up with Mum and Bro. Shopped around looking for a pair of reebok running shoes cuz mine's getting spoilt. But after looking for a shop that sells reebok, I couldnt find one that I really like. So I sorta like poured cold water over their enthusiasm by saying I dun wanna buy ler. I think I'm always doing that. Haiz.
Ate at Sakae. Lol! Missing it out the last time really tempted me. Hahaz. Got a new phone. =P Mine really has some big problems with it. Shutting down in the middle of nothing, buttons dont work. And to top that off, sms couldnt be received, if not it'll be truncated midway. Kinda irritated. (Ask Xl if you dont believe.)
Watched Star Wars. Movie's ok, movie experience sucked. Probably I was sleepy. Seat's uncomfortable and it was kinda cold. Having back and neck aches after that. Received lots of smses and calls from Xl. Apparently she, Kim, Val and Bel wanted to wish me HB. Oops. Sorry, couldnt pick up the phone in the cinema. =P
5th JuneDidnt get enough sleep. Woke up to have breakfast with Mum anyway. Bought stuff to cook for dinner. Usual routine. Got stuff which I needed. Went home to pack. Got sleepy. Kinda sick too. Flu apparently. Ate medicine. Got drowsy. Shucks. Kept sneezing. Geez. Packed. Got out to get more stuff. Kinda sianz. Lazy too. And the drowsiness got me.
Slept for a few hours in the evening after packing. Phew. But I'm still worried that I'd forgotten sth. Haiz. Crap. Hopefully..
Ordered pizza. Bro's b'day mah. And cake too. Mum ordered cake. Aunt last minute called to say she couldnt come. Haiz. Always liddat one. But then again, it'll be quieter also. Already got 2 nagging people ler, I dun wan another one to come and nag. Lol! I sounded very mean right. Wateva lah.
The day passed relatively quick. Lotsa misunderstandings happened though. Haiz. Nvm.
Sarah smsed me a belated happy birthday from her and Qing-jie. Hee..
The new hp givin me problems. Haiz.
6th JuneChoir in the morn. Supposed to be till 5. But Nelson said that we can be off earlier and he didnt want us to stay either. Sang pretty well in the morning. Miracle. Lol! But we were rushing like crazy for the afternoon workshop with NUS choir. Oh wellz. Typical AJChoir.
Went to parkway with Nad-ma, Aunt Mun, Alicia, Eleana, Edna, Zinuan, Whee and Kel. Ate at Banquet. Then had green tea ice-cream! Hahaz! Nad-ma says can eat one. =P We all ate anyway.
Walked around. Went to CCK to walk. Crazy I am. Travelled from the east to the west. But I juz love to sit in the train. To think of so many stuff. Or juz to rest my mind for a while.
Met up with Faith. Finally. Lol! She gave me a nice little box of cards "A Joyful Heart". So sweet of her. "Muz bring it to Czech k? Read like 1 a day ok?" "Har? Only one a day?" "Ok lah, read like 5 a day." Right.. Lol! And I did read 5. =) Met Kim too. She came to returned the sleeping bag I lent and also to pass me a third part of the present they got me. Hahaz! I couldnt believe it. I was like "Wat? Another one?" Hahaz.
Packed even more stuff. Haiz.
Supposed to sleep early. But since they said needa adjust to Czech time, I calculated that if I sleep at 2 am tonight, it's 9 pm over there. Lol! Bad idea. Nahz. Decided to sleep at 12. 7pm there. Not that bad lah. Slowly adjust I guess. =)
---
Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
---
The really happy person is the one who can enjoy the scenery, even when they have to take a detour. - Sir James Jeans
---
A happiness that is sought for ourselves alone can never be found: for a happiness that is diminished by being shared is not big enough to make us happy. - Thomas Merton
---
"In a person's life, there will be a point in time where one will feel empty even if that person has everything. And this emptiness can only be filled spiritually, be it through Christianity or Buddhism. It's up to one's choice. And I've made mine."
---
Somehow talks on this topic make me even more convinced of my decision. =)
---
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. - John 3:16
---
Not that I cared about the everlasting life part. I dun really care if I will have that. But the act of sacrifice, and that of love. I guess I sorta cleared most of my doubts. Talking to Him. Sometimes I felt like He's the only one who knows me. It feels like i'm talkin to my Dad. The one who understood me. Love him alot. Haiz. He left many clues to me. All those bibles. And he's very open about religions and stuff. And to think of it, I had been facinated with crosses on necklaces. Wanted to get one when I was young but my mum stopped me from it.
---
Too sleepy.. Shall go now. =)
Ruth-Skunk || 12:16 am