could you hear me?
Thursday, January 12, 2006
To God..
Oh Father God, tell me why. Why do I have so much anger in me? Why is it that I'm always angered at one person, but that person never makes me feel unhappy when that person is around me? Is this how You feel too Father? That when You love so much You also feel angry when we all do not listen to You? There's this tinge of sadness too right Father? Haiz.
Day by day, hour by hour
Pain drips upon the heart
As, against our will, and even in our own despite
Comes Wisdom from the awful grace of God
-Aeschylus
God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our conscious, but shouts in our pains. It is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world.
-C. S. Lewis
Matthew 9:12-13,
12 On hearing this, Jesus said, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick.
13 But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
Peter said in Phillipians 3:7-9
7 But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ.
8 What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ
9 and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ - the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith.
"Sometimes I'd like to ask why He allows poverty, famine, and injustice when He could do something about it."
"I'm afraid God might ask us the same question."
No matter how deep our darkness, He is deeper still.
- Corrie ten Boom
Every tear we shed becomes His tear, He may not wipe them away yet, but He will.
- Peter John Kreeft, Ph.D.
God knows that Jesus is more than an explanation. He is what we really need. If your friend is sick and dying, the most important thing he wants is not an explanation; he wants you to sit with him. He is terrified of being alone more than anything else. So God has not left us alone. And for that, I love him.
- Peter John Kreeft, Ph.D.
I could never myself believe in God, if it were not for the cross....In the real world of pain, how could one worship a God who was immune to it? I have entered many Buddhist temples in different Asian countries and stood respectfully before the statue of Buddha, his legs crossed, arms folded, eyes closed, the ghost of a smile playing round his mouth, a remote look on his face, detached from the agonies of the world. But each time after a while I have to turn away. And in imagination I have turned instead to that lonely, twisted, tortured figure on the cross, nails through hands and feet, back lacerated, limbs wrenched, brow bleeding from thorn-pricks, mouth dry and intolerably thirsty, plunged in God-forsaken darkness. That is the God for me! He laid aside His immunity to pain - He entered our world of flesh and blood, tears and death. He suffered for us. Our sufferings become more manageable in light of His. There is still a question mark against human suffering, but over it we boldly stamp another mark, the cross which symbolizes divine suffering. 'The cross of Christ...is God's only self-justification in such a world' as ours.
- John R. W. Stott
The above passage perhaps is the one which changes my life the most. When I was most down, He was the one who comforted me. He gave me this passage to look at and He saw me when I cried as I kneeled down in spirit to receive Him. And I couldnt thank Him more than ever for coming down for me. He reached down to me. He gave me a helping hand. To let me live my life. As His witness ever more. =)
Ruth-Skunk || 12:53 am