could you hear me?
Sunday, April 09, 2006
Children in the Kingdom of Heaven
After teaching kids for 3 weeks, I guess I really learnt a lot in this experience about children. No wonder Jesus said children belonged to the kingdom of Heaven. Really they're marvellous, especially if they are still innocent and pure. Undeniably lovable. =)
*They are innocent and pure in thoughts. Actually most of them are. But some of them are really.. Speechless about them.. Back to the innocent and pure kids, they are really nice to talk to. They say good things, have praises for their friends, and talk about what nice things they did for their friends. Really nice kids..
*They are direct in their thoughts and words. They don't understand sarcasm. Which is good. Since what we says tells who we are. We should learn to be caring in words and not playing around with people with them. We should be truthful in our words. We should be careful in speech. We should think about what to say before saying them. We should not harm others delibrately or not with them.
*They are great listeners. Alright, at least some of them are. When I hush the class down and got their attention, they really will listen. At least some of them will. They listen on intently to the lessons and to the instructions I give. And are always excited about the things I want them to do.
*They really want to do something for the teacher, to help out or sth. Really, they just keep coming to you. "Ms Sin, can I clean the whiteboard?" "Ms Sin, is there anything I can do for you?" And when I gave instructions, they'll hurriedly carry them out. Excellent workers. But being efficient is another thing. Lol!
*They love the teacher and look up to him/her. They made cards for me, and in their journals wrote about me. So sweet of them. And when I sat down and busied myself, some of the kids would gather around me. Maybe with the intention of disturbing me initially. But I dont know actually.
Yepz. Can say I got pretty attached to some of the kids there. The girls are particularly nice, being girls.. Lol! I've got a really smart boy who is really good with his math. But he never waits for instructions and always does more than he needs to. So he will always gets it wrong. And he's gonna get another round of scolding from me again for his composition. He's pretty smug though. Lol! Thinking he never needs a teacher. Ah well.
Seen a few crying cases in class. 2 false accuse claims. They're really innocent. When they cry, you know that they are telling the truth. And I think I love them even more after these experiences. 1 "gave up" kid. I don't know what to say about this girl. She just gave up and started crying during art. Sheez.. Zero perserverence. Anyway she's on my black list.. I really tried to believe her initially. But her character is starting to show. Not gonna tolerate anymore nonsense from her..
So sad to say that I lost my temper a few times. Like gotten so irritated that I barked at a few of them. And that hyperactive kid who is always running around and wont understand when I tried to talk sense to him. A few times I really screamed at him and even felt like punishing him. But I cant. Cause it really is not his fault.. It's just that he can't understand. And days when he isnt around, the class is really peaceful. And the speed of teaching actually became faster and smoother. Haiz..
Have so many problem kids.. Liars, hypocritics, backstabbers, smugs.. Haiz.. Do they still belong to the kingdom of Heaven?
Ruth-Skunk || 1:19 am